Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: windscreen  (Read 4930 times)

Offline vfrpaul98Topic starter

• CB1100 Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Georgia
windscreen
« on: April 17, 2013, 01:26:24 AM »
this is a PUIG windscreen. the model is a PLUS tinted.it works quite well. wind is directed to above the shoulders and there does not seem to be excessive buffeting at the helmet area at 60 mph. the height is 10 1/2" straight up from your installed ignition key. if I didn't already have my road comet fairing I would be using this.quality is good mounting is simple and it looks good.more info from puig website.
Paul :001:

Offline TerryC

• CB1100 Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Re: windscreen
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »
Looks great. Have Googled and have found at least two UK sites which may sell them although getgeared don't have the same name for it (i.e. PLUS). It looks really good value at £26-£30 with free delivery. The CB1100 is not recorded as being a compatible bike (see tab "Check it Fits") but it could be that they haven't updated the list for some time. The screen appears to fit a huge range of bikes. Know nothing about the site so buyer beware. The other web site with a selection of screens is "mandp" - look more expensive?.

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/PUIG_Universal_Mini_Sports_Touring_Motorcycle_Screen
I'm a pensioner - I don't have the time to be sensible!

Offline vfrpaul98Topic starter

• CB1100 Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Georgia
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
greetings Terryc, the link you have posted is not showing the Plus model. notice the Plus model has dimple right about in the middle of the instrument area it is also the tallest wind screen without additional support arms that would be clamped to the handle bar. I chose this model because of it's size and that it does not have all the strut and clamp clutter attached to the handle bar. it fits the cb1100 very well with it's included hardware. this model was not in stock stateside but I was directed to a retailer by our distributor and the retailer ordered it for me. it was here in two weeks. I can recommend this model, I think I will mount it up for our summer heat days, it only takes minutes to do so.
maybe contack you distributor /dealer for priceing and availability.
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/honda-cb-1100-2010/plus/c171en/f1-r151-m2495/
Paul :169:

Offline TerryC

• CB1100 Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gloucester
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »
Thanks for explaining this - I hadn't noticed the dimple and I was uncertain as to whether the "multi-purpose" one shown was the same model. In the CB manual I think I read that one should not attach (large) fairings to the handlebars (probably to protect itself against spurious damages claims!) so the one you have selected without handlebar clamps seems eminently sensible. I'll have a look at the Puig site/dealers etc. Thanks again for your help - it looks neat :028:
I'm a pensioner - I don't have the time to be sensible!

Offline popgun

• CB1100 Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB1100
  • City / Town: Va. Beach, VA
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
Hi VFR!

TerryC,

I had the same problem finding it and VRF supplied me the link too!.  Notice it is listed under model year 2010.  That may help in finding stuff.
If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Offline SUPERCRUZ

• CB1100 Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB1100 ABS
  • City / Town: NOVA
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »
I just heard from Steve over a Dart Flyscreens.  If you are into the Triumph scene, these are the flyscreens to have.  Had one on my 2011 Bonneville SE and loved it.  Steve said making a flyscreen for the CB1100 is one of his top priorities this year.  Should sell well.  Stay tuned.  See link to their site below.   :062:

http://www.dartflyscreens.com/ 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:27:58 AM by SUPERCRUZ »

Recent Topics

topic CB owners daily check in!
[CB1100 - General Discussion]
Ridem32
Today at 10:42:30 PM
topic New to the UK CB1100 forum
[New Members]
Ridem32
December 16, 2014, 09:59:05 PM
topic new member